J.P. Weigand & Sons, Inc. Commercial Division
Whitney joined J.P. Weigand & Sons, Inc. in 2017 to participate in the sale and leasing of commercial real estate. Her current
emphasis is in office, medical, multi-family and general brokerage.
As a native of Wichita, Whitney began her career in New York City for Hallmark Entertainment where, prior to the age of 30, she attained the position of Vice President of New Media and Business Development. Her duties included leading senior management and their partners to utilize, promote, and monetize the company’s brand and intellectual assets in the
consumer marketplace from 1995 to 2002.
In 2002, Whitney joined her father Rich Vliet at Redstone Design Development, a commercial real estate development company, focusing specifically on creative concepts for renovation and restoration in their existing buildings as well as new acquisitions and property management. Redstone, along with Marketplace Properties, were the major players in establishing, developing, and sustaining the vision that is now known as Wichita’s Old Town. By the end of the decade, she
was President of Redstone, and remained so until divesting of the Old Town properties in 2014.
Whitney’s vision, strategic thinking, sense of teamwork, style, and charisma have been demonstrated by her active participation in a wide-range of community activities and businesses. Her ability to leverage partnerships is unmatched.
CURRENT COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• President, Foundation for Andover Schools
• RSCK Master’s Circle recipient
• Member of COVID Task Force for the Andover School District 385
• Vice Chair of the CIE Committee with SCK Realtors
PAST COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Wichita Country Club Board of Trustees
• Wichita Art Museum Board member
• Strategic Planning taskforce for Andover Schools
bond proposal 2017
• “Helping Hands” award for Andover School District
• Wichita Botanica Board of Trustees
• Old Town Association Board member
• Wichita River Festival Strategic Task Force
• 40 under 40 Honoree 2005
• Leadership Wichita Honoree 2004
• Leadership Wichita, Board of Trustees
• Board Member, Foundation for Andover Schools
• National Association of Realtors (NAR)
• Realtors of South Central Kansas (RSCK)
• Kansas Association of Realtors (KAR)